My complete name is Bernadine Ann Robinson, and I have been teaching for LAUSD for 10 years. I am a Special Education teacher in the Alternate Curriculum content area. I have attended the following colleges; West Los Angeles College, DeVry University, and National University.
Minor Summary of My Philosophy of Education
- The belief that my quest to teach is a calling not just a desire.
- To have compassion to be a good teacher.
- Have high expectations of your students and express these expectations to them. Once students know what they need to do, they will strive to meet the expectation.
- You must love education.
- Be positive; give praise and support of your students regardless of their culture and/or socio-economic culture.
- Value and love children.
- Common sense.
- Have the ability to acknowledge your faults and bias that you have and may not know you have.
- To have the ability to overcome your bias and pursue teaching students regardless of race, gender, and culture.
- Value the equal treatment of every student with some modifications when needed for them to reach set goals.